2003 Jan 21 19:27

Re: [vox-tech] lame question on memory allocation

Re: [vox-tech] lame question on memory allocation

Scratch that -- looks like the official definition of "word"
in all x86 architectures is 16 bits.  This is in spite of
the fact that the 80386 and above are 32-bit CPUs, that the
registers are 32 bits, and that declaring an "int" in C gets
you 32 bits.

This is a holdover from the predecessor 8086 and 80286,
which were true 16-bit CPUs.

Sorry for the bogus answer.

-- Rod