2003 Jan 21 19:54

Re: [vox-tech] lame question on memory allocation

Re: [vox-tech] lame question on memory allocation

A word is 2 bytes I think on x86. Then after that there is double-word,
quad-word and paragraph, and more nerdy names I'm sure.

Word-aligned means that you can't have a memory address starting at
anything that isn't a multiple of 2. So for different types of alignments,
let's say it were aligned to N bytes, then you couldn't have a memory
address
starting at anything that isn't MEM_ADDRESS mod N.

-ryan