January 6: Social gathering
2003 Jan 20 22:43

Re: [vox-tech] gimp question: layers and resizing

Re: [vox-tech] gimp question: layers and resizing

No. Each pixel stores 3 bytes of color information and one byte of
transparency information. When you resize the canvas to make it larger,
all of the new pixels are transparent (except on the background layer
if one is present). The option "Keep Trans" option makes the GIMP's
tools (all of them) modify only the color information. When Keep Trans
is unchecked, the tools will operate on color information and
transparency information. (Photoshop has a similar feature.)

--
PGP/GPG Fingerprint: D5E2 8839 6ED3 3305 805C  941F 9476 A9BD E2B2 CAD1
Import with `gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key E2B2CAD1`