2003 Jan 17 16:45

Re: [vox-tech] Quick and easy windows dupe

On Friday 17 January 2003 01:00 pm, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 12:28, Matt Holland wrote:
> > Re-read the documentation for parted's copy command.  I'm almost certain
> > that it can copy a partition on one device to a partition on another.  I
> > think there's even an example that describes exactly how to do it in the
> > online help (don't have my parted disk on me at the moment, but check it
> > out).
>
> Matt,
>
> You're right; however, it appears that the cp function does not support
> NTFS, only FAT32.

Yeah NTFS is the problem.

dd might work if the partitions are *exactly* the same size.
Be VERY careful; a mistake here can blow away the drive.

Otherwise you might have to use a commercial solution, like
maybe Norton Ghost.

remote system administration services.