2003 Jan 17 13:00

Re: [vox-tech] Quick and easy windows dupe

Re: [vox-tech] Quick and easy windows dupe

Richard S. Crawford wrote:

<snip>

My old Win2K installation is on /dev/hdb1, including some programs that
I simply can't get to anymore.  Does anyone know of a quick and easy
(yet reliable) way of duplicating my Win2K installation from /dev/hdb1
to /dev/hda1?  I've considered trying to use the cp command in parted,
but that probably won't work since parted only operates on one device at
a time.  I've also wondered if the dd command might be the way to go.

Can anyone give me any suggestions?
Re-read the documentation for parted's copy command. I'm almost certain that it can copy a partition on one device to a partition on another. I think there's even an example that describes exactly how to do it in the online help (don't have my parted disk on me at the moment, but check it out).

Matt

--
Matt Holland
Population Biology Graduate Group