2003 Jan 17 18:00

[vox-tech] Quick and easy windows dupe

Thanks for the suggestions about my shared partition.  It's now
reformatted to FAT32.

One last issue, and then the complete rebuild of my system from scratch
will be complete...

My old hard drive is currently on my system as /dev/hdb.  My new hard
drive is /dev/hda1.

My old Win2K installation is on /dev/hdb1, including some programs that
I simply can't get to anymore.  Does anyone know of a quick and easy
(yet reliable) way of duplicating my Win2K installation from /dev/hdb1
to /dev/hda1?  I've considered trying to use the cp command in parted,
but that probably won't work since parted only operates on one device at
a time.  I've also wondered if the dd command might be the way to go.

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford
is