2003 Jan 16 23:00

[vox-tech] qmail install problems

I want to get rid of sendmail so I am trying to use qmail because it is supposed to be faster, more stable and more "modern", which I'm assuming means easier to use. However, I can't get the thing to compile.  Before I get going on my problem, is it even worth installing qmail or is there another program that I can set up with ease to send mail.

okay, the problem:

The README said to use rpm --rebuild and I get an error saying

[root@the45 dl]# rpm --rebuild qmail-1.03-109memphis.src.rpm
qmail-1.03-109memphis.src.rpm: No such file or directory
What am I missing? Also it says I need to get an updated shadow-utils from Redhat to support adduser -r and such. I couldn't find the shadow-utils off on red hat's site. Anyone know where?

-thanx,
    ryan