2003 Jan 15 13:25

Re: [vox-tech] X4 and Intel 82810 graphics card

on Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 06:16:35PM -0800, Robin Snyder (resnyder@ucdavis.edu) wrote:
> I have been unable to get X running on my machine with an Intel 82810
> graphics card.  I'm running the woody version of Debian, with kernel
> 2.4.18.  Below, I have an earlier posting to this list about the problem
> if you want to see the details.  I'm wondering if I should just go out and
> buy a different graphics card, one that's been around longer and that is
> more easily accommodated by set-up programs.  Questions:  Do people think
> this is the best approach?  (I'm at wit's end.)  If so, what should I buy,
> and where's a good place to buy it?  If not, is this something that folks
> at the installfest should be able to help me with?

IIRC, the latest LNX-BBC development betas may be worth looking at.

I was talking with Duncan MacKinnon about this a couple of days ago, one
of the features that needs hammering out in the new beta is the i810
framebuffer / video support.  So you might want to burn the latest beta
and see how it sets up your system, then duplicate the configuration.

    http://www.lnx-bbc.org/

Peace.

   SBC PacBell:  The phone is once again your fiend.
     http://www.consumernet.org/turn/body_pacbell_monopoly.shtml