January 6: Social gathering
2003 Jan 12 02:25

[vox-tech] An error message of some sort in X...

[vox-tech] An error message of some sort in X...

X, or GNOME, or C, or some such thing.  I dunno.  All I know is that it
happens on my RH8.0 computer whenever I start some (but not all)
applications in GNOME (haven't tried KDE yet).

When I try to launch any applications, I receive the following errors:

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers

Some programs will be unable to start at all after these errors, some
programs will start but just won't have a title set in the window's
title bar.  Some programs launch perfectly.

I've done some Googling and looked on Red Hat's Bugzilla and GNOME's
Bugzilla, but haven't found anything that seems useful.

What do these errors mean?  Is there some way I can fix them?

--
Richard S. Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com>