January 6: Social gathering
2003 Jan 09 11:55

Re: [vox-tech] Re: CD-RW software for Unixes

Re: [vox-tech] Re: CD-RW software for Unixes

I use GnomeToaster (as distributed with Redhat 8.0). Despite occasional instabilities and bugs, it allows me to easily write files to CD-Rs and CD-RWs, supporting multisessions.

Actually, I ran into problems when I tried to write a multisession CD in WinXP, and then some more with gtoaster. I could have guessed it wouldn't work, but CDs are cheap.

Jonathan

Troy Arnold wrote:
hi, folks-

Speaking of CD-RW software, what are some of your favorite frontends?
I've used gcombust for awhile and before that xcdroast, but am wondering
about alternatives.
On an entirely unrelated note, I finally got hold of some bandwidth
again so I switched my desktop over to Debian today. I'm totally
digging it. Debian has a logic and consistency that (until now) I
didn't realize Redhat was lacking. Other distro's have served me well,
but Debian is 'da bomb.

-ta