2003 Jan 06 09:13

Re: [vox-tech] smtp question - blocked ip

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 11:55:44PM -0800, Joel Baumert wrote:
> There was a discussion pointed at by /. a week or so ago that had
> an interesting discussion of RBLs.
>
> http://theory.whirlycott.com/~phil/antispam/rbl-bad/rbl-bad.html

... And this article was just as quickly shown to be missing some key
ideas and concerns, and not in-line with much anti-spam public opinion.

It's content feels like a talk-show, shallow logic, a few barely discussed
hot-spots, etc.

The only real problem an RBL could ever have is in it's human management,
listing/delisting processes specifically.  That isn't a problem inherent
to RBLs... that'd be a problem for anything, anti-spam services or not.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.psyber.com/~ted/