2003 Jan 16 09:08

Re: [vox-tech] smtp question - blocked ip

Re: [vox-tech] smtp question - blocked ip

[SNIP]

> ----- Forwarded message from Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@dirac.org> -----
>
> From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@dirac.org>
> To: p@dirac.org
> Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
> Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 08:42:07 -0800
>
> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

>   cdavis@netease.net
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<cdavis@netease.net>:
>     host mx02.netease.net [64.7.232.14]: 554 <adsl-64-164-47-8.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net[64.164.47.8]>:
>     Client host rejected: ACL IP Blocked; (5.7.1) Policy Violation 1205

Your MTA tried to make an SMTP connection to theirs, and after sending
the RCPT TO: line, it recieved back a status message from the server
starting with "554 <adsl..." and ending with "Policy Violation 1205"

In other words, your MTA is passing on an error message from the remote
server. Judging from what the error message said, perhaps they think
you're a spammer.