2003 Jan 02 01:04

Re: [vox-tech] Segmentation Fault with RPM --rebuilddb

Re: [vox-tech] Segmentation Fault with RPM --rebuilddb

Don't believe so.  Here's the output from df -h:

[rscrawford@...]$ df -h
/dev/hda2             7.9G  7.0G  577M  93% /
/dev/hda7              10G  5.4G  4.2G  56% /home
/dev/hda6             4.0G  645M  3.3G  16% /u1
none                  125M     0  124M   0% /dev/shm

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 00:35, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 12:28:57AM -0800, Richard Crawford wrote:
> > Trying to get my system ready for upgrading to RH8, I decided to run rpm
> > --rebuilddb on my system.  I got "Segmentation fault".
> >
> > What does this mean?  How can I repair the fault?
>
> Ouch!  That sucks.  I've not got a RedHat box handy, and doubt I could do
> much research on it myself without having one that also segfaulted...
> But, my first guess is to check to make sure you don't have a full
> hard drive partition somewhere that's keeping "rpm" from doing its thing.
>
> Good luck!
>
> -bill!
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford