Re: [vox-tech] spam assassin configuration

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 10:30:28AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> dear all,
>
> i just received the email below.   spam assassin declared:

>            SPAM_REDIRECTOR,SUBJ_ALL_CAPS,SUPERLONG_LINE version=2.43
>
> this email scored a 1.8, and needed a 5.0 to be declared spam.
>

> i would be content to have any email with the subject "^BUSINESS.*PROPOSAL$"
> and contains "africa", "sierra-leone", "nigeria" or "lagaos" to be
> declared spam.  these two conditions are enough.
>
> can i configure spam assassin to do this?

Notice the "tests=" line in your report.  In your spamassasin prefs
you can bump up the score for certain tests.  Here's a sample from mine:
score WEB_BUGS                          4.0
score CTYPE_JUST_HTML           5.0
score SUBJ_FULL_OF_8BITS        10.0

Then in my .procmailrc, I test the spam level, and if its high enough,
straight to /dev/null it goes.  Borderline stuff gets routed to a spam
folder.

:0
/dev/null

Of course, see 'perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'
Also: http://spamassassin.org/tests.html for the list of tests.  I notice
there's a few for 'NIGERIAN_TRANSACTION' so you may be in luck :)

hth
-ta