RE: [vox-tech] Anyone have experience with Windows XP & Linux on a Lapt

RE: [vox-tech] Anyone have experience with Windows XP & Linux on a Laptop?

[...]

> eight Sony Vaio PCG-R505 models on the web site, but none
> that I found available for sale.) I guess it's still caveat
> emptor and hope that the salesperson I ask questions about
> systems knows what they are talking about (winmodems, IRQ
> conflicts, graphics cards, PCMCIA).

I would strongly advise that you avoid Sony Vaio laptops.  They are amoung
the most proprietary laptops in existance and even getting a different
versions of Windows, then the one it came with, to work on them can prove
incredibly difficult.  A friend discovered the hardway after his comapnies 9
month old laptops proved so propritary that he couldn't upgrade them.

-sp