[vox-tech] Anyone have experience with Windows XP & Linux on a Laptop?

[vox-tech] Anyone have experience with Windows XP & Linux on a Laptop?

Hi all --

I want to create a demonstration system for speech recognition (dictation)
and open source medical office software. I need Dragon Dictate, which
requires Windows 2000 or XP, more than 256 MB RAM, and at least 800 Mhz
CPU. (ViaVoice for Linux is simply inadequate.) What I have read recently
suggests Linux and XP can coexist peacefully. However, I seem to recall
hearing that there can be problems dual booting with Windows XP, e.g. XP
must be installed first. Does anyone know of any gotchas to be aware of
when deciding which laptop to buy?

Thanks.

-- Larry