January 6: Social gathering
2002 Nov 29 11:22

Re: [vox-tech] beginning latex

I just started using LaTeX this past year and now use it for all of my
documents.  I got started with a wonderful free guide called "A (Not So)
Short Introduction to LaTeX2e."  It can be downloaded from a number of
sites, but here is one:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/

It was necessary to buy "The LaTeX companion" when I wanted to do some
more advanced math formulae and figures, but it is actually a very
difficult read.  Buy the way:  I prefer to TeX in Emacs because it has a
built in LaTeX mode.  Good luck!

Jonathan