2002 Nov 29 16:39

Re: [vox-tech] Trouble with apt-get

Quoting Rusty Minden (clownsinc@attbi.com):

> I have decided to try to install Ximian Desktop. I added this
> deb http://red-carpet.ximian.com/debian stable main
>
> to /etc/apt/sources.list and got this error after the second
> apt-get dist-upgrade
...]
> dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/gnome-bin_1%3a1.4.1.6-1.ximian.1_i386.deb
> (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite `/usr/share/man/man1/gnome-pty-helper.1.gz',
> which is also in package libzvt2

I'm not at all surprised that Ximian's packages don't play well with
Debian's own packages.  It wouldn't be the first time.

If you want to go ahead anyway, you override the safeguards using the
"--force-yes" option for apt-get.  Personally, I elect to eschew
Ximian's packages as excessively wacked, and haven't tried them in a
long time.

--
Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers