2002 Nov 13 05:30

Re: [vox-tech] vim question

Quoting Rusty Minden (clownsinc@attbi.com):

> As far as security goes that is a big no no. It allows anyone to
> use X.

Looks like you might have misread Michael's post the same way I did,
initially:  "xhost +" would allow anyone to use the current user's X11
server.

"xhost +root" would (according to the manpage) allow user _root_ to use
the current user's X11 server.

We've both probably been telling people "No, don't do "xhost +" for so
long that it's a reflexive reply.