2002 Nov 12 18:15

[vox-tech] vim question

hi lugod,

i've seen vim on a mandrake system which, when opening a file a second
time, will place the cursor at its last position when the file was
initially opened.

anyone know how to get vim to do this?

i've checked the ~/.vimrc and can find nothing that does this.  i also
checked bash aliases to make sure vim wasn't aliased to vim plus some
command line switches.   nothing.

i'd like for my own vim to do this.  anyone know the magic?

pete