2002 Nov 07 17:05

[vox-tech] X is blown out

This morning as I was booting into Linux the electricity in my house went out,
and as a result my X has been blown out.

When I boot into Mandrake I get an error message that goes by so fast that I
can't read it.  It starts out like this:  "Can't remove..." and then this is
followed by a filename.

After I log on and type "startx" I get these error messages:

"xauth:  error in locking authority file /home/bob/.Xauthority

Fatal server error:

Can't read lock file /tmp/.X0-lock"

Then after 22 seconds I get this:

"giving up.

xinit:  No such file or directory (error2):  unable to connect to X server

xinit:  No such process (error3):  Server error.

xauth:  error in locking authority file /home/bob/.Xauthority"

Can anyone help me figure out how to get X going again?  Since I'm confined to
doing email in Windows could you cc your responses to this email address:
research@afes.com

Thank you.

Bob