2002 Oct 30 14:50

Re: [vox-tech] regaining stability in Debian

Re: [vox-tech] regaining stability in Debian

Quoting Issac Trotts (ijtrotts@ucdavis.edu):

> This doesn't work like stable and unstable.  When I change things
> in sources.list and preferences to testing, I get this:

[...]
>   W: Couldn't stat source package list http://ftp.us.debian.org
>   testing/main Packages
>   (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_main_binary-i386_Packages)
>   - stat (2 No such file or directory)
>   W: Couldn't stat source package list http://non-us.debian.org
>   testing/non-US/main Packages
>   (/var/lib/apt/lists/non-us.debian.org_debian-non-US_dists_testing_non-US_main_binary-i386_Packages)
>   - stat (2 No such file or directory)

Any time you change sources.list, you need to re-run "apt-get update" to
fetch new Packages[.gz] files from upstream sources.

> Did I miss something?

Yes, this:

>   W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

'Hope that helps.

--
Cheers,                                     Bah humbug.  Shop late.
Rick Moen                                   Happy unChristmas.