2002 Oct 30 00:12

Re: [vox-tech] regaining stability in Debian

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 11:35:43PM -0800, Issac Trotts wrote:

>   beech:/etc/apt# apt-get dist-upgrade
>   Reading Package Lists... Done
>   Building Dependency Tree... Done
>   Calculating Upgrade... Done
>   The following packages will be REMOVED:
>     gnome-core gnome-help gnome-utils
>   The following NEW packages will be installed:
>     gnome-desktop-data libgnome-desktop-0 libgtop2
>     libpanel-applet2-0 libwnck-common libwnck4
>   78 packages upgraded, 6 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
>   Need to get 55.2MB of archives. After unpacking 24.2MB will be freed.
>   Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n

I think I am running out of ideas.  You seem to have some sort of
unstable/stable mix which apt not seems to handle well for downgrades.

There is stuff I can try to do, but really wouldn't like going through
in email.  I guess you can follow Rick's suggestion (testing) for now.

It probably wouldn't get worse :-) , and you can try downgrade again
later, when the system is in more uniform state.

And we can arrange for a meeting off-list.

--
	GPG key-id: 1024D/DF04A255                 Dmitriy
	AA16 8FAB 74E1 3511 83D0  9F4B F087 CEC9 DF04 A255