2002 Oct 30 00:00

Re: [vox-tech] regaining stability in Debian

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 10:43:05PM -0800, Dmitriy wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 10:27:16PM -0800, Issac Trotts wrote:
> > >
> > > Want to share your /etc/apt/sources.list ?
> >
> > Okay, here it is:
> >
> >   deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main
> >   deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main
> >   deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main
> >   deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main
> >
> >   deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
> >
> > See anything suspicious?
> Hm , just tried this, everything appears to be fine with downgrade.
>
> Try this: add unstable apt sources back, change that preferences word from stable to
> unstable, and see what apt-get dist-upgrade prints (don't really agree
> to it unless you want)
>
> If I remember correctly, you had some sort of Progeny/potato mix?

Here's the result:

  beech:/etc/apt# apt-get dist-upgrade
  Reading Package Lists... Done
  Building Dependency Tree... Done
  Calculating Upgrade... Done
  The following packages will be REMOVED:
    gnome-core gnome-help gnome-utils
    gnome-desktop-data libgnome-desktop-0 libgtop2
    libpanel-applet2-0 libwnck-common libwnck4
  78 packages upgraded, 6 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
  Need to get 55.2MB of archives. After unpacking 24.2MB will be freed.
  Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n

I'm running Debian 3.0.  The installation was from a Progeny Debian
2.2 CD, potato if I remember right.

Issac