2002 Oct 24 13:38

[vox-tech] sendmail configuation question

[vox-tech] sendmail configuation question

I have three RedHat 7.3 servers with default sendmail installations which can
send but not receive email. For each server:

1. The registered domain name resolves properly.

2. The /etc/services entry shows:
smtp            25/tcp          mail
smtp            25/udp          mail

3. services sendmail status:
sendmail (pid 893) is running...

4. firewall is off

5. Each machine is capable of sending mail.

6. telnet <machine> 25:
Trying <correct address>...
telnet: connect to address <same correct address>: Connection refused

I am slowly going through the sendmail documentation, but any pointers by the
sendmail savvy would be greatly appreciated. I just want to be able to
receive mail locally (no relay), and in one case, the server will be running
mailman.

Suggestions? Anyone know of mini-howto sized documentation?

Usually a Postfix user,

Eric

--
Eric Engelhard