January 6: Social gathering
2002 Oct 23 14:08

Re: [vox-tech] using autoconf (errors)

hi dave,

ok, i'm now writing this knowing a bit more about autoconf than i did
yesterday.

do you mean that i should do something like:

   aclocal && autoheader && autoconf

the docs say that aclocal should output a file named something like
aclocal.m4 (or something like that) which is used with configure.in and
autoconf to generate a configure script.

however, aclocal isn't producing any files or output.

also, the types of errors that autoconf is generating are stranger to me
today than they were yesterday.  something like AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR should
be in *every* configure.in file.  i can't imagine this macro function
being undefined.

can you spoonfeed me about what i need to be doing with aclocal?

thanks!
pete

begin Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com>