2002 Oct 22 19:09

Re: [vox-tech] Why I'll Never Be a Network Admin Guy

Re: [vox-tech] Why I'll Never Be a Network Admin Guy

Quoting Richard Crawford (rscrawford@mossroot.com):

> So what does "Time to live exceeded" mean?

It means that the ICMP packets (comprising the ping attempt) were taking
too long to reach the destination, such that they exceeded their allowed
lifetime before getting there.

--
"Is it not the beauty of an asynchronous form of discussion that one can go and
make cups of tea, floss the cat, fluff the geraniums, open the kitchen window