2002 Oct 16 22:48

[vox-tech] Olympus Camedia D380

I wrote in a while back about accessing my new D380 with Linux.  Thanks
to everyone that answered me.  I am working long hours and have limited
time. It turns out Mandrake 8.2 recognized it as USB mass storage, gave
the vendor and model.  It listed the Type: Direct-Access
Then it says "/etc/hotplug/usb.agent: missing kernel or user mode driver
usb-storage"

How do I install this driver?  Do I need to recompile my kernel.  Or
should I just get Mandrake 9.0 that claims to put an icon on the desktop
when a USB device is plugged in?