2002 Oct 16 11:44

Re: [vox-tech] Installing Adaptec SCSI Card

Re: [vox-tech] Installing Adaptec SCSI Card

Dunno about /etc/modules -- do you mean modules.conf?

That is one beastie I've never understood very well, mainly
because I don't know what all the alias names are that might
be used.  But in general, it modifies the behavior of
modprobe, for example specifying optional parameter values,
or prerequisite modules.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to specify your SCSI driver in
there, but usually I just put a modprobe command in the
startup scripts.  I'd love to hear more about what the Best
Way is.  :-)

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/