2002 Oct 09 15:16

[vox-tech] Thinkpad a20p + rh8

Just figured I'd follow up on this, jsut tried a redhat-8.0 install
on an IBM a20p.

Graphics needed a tweak to the /etc/X11/XF86Config file, but:
	1600x1200 worked
	2d accelerated works
	3d accelerated works (50 fps at chromium)
	Built in ethernet worked
	Orinco external worked
	Rather nice activate/deactive wireless/10baset gui widget

Good to know if your consider buying an old ibm thinkpad or similar (there
are 2 for $15, alas 5 days left).

I'm working on a diskless distribution as well (based on redhat-8) if
anyones interested (think 30 512 MB ram, 1.8 Ghz p4, diskless thin clients).

--
Bill Broadley
Mathematics