2002 Oct 04 10:51

Re: [vox-tech] What's in RedHat 8.0

On Friday 04 October 2002 09:37 am, Marc Hasbrouck wrote:
> So, if you can live without RedHat's support, down
> load and burn the ISO files. Otherwise, look at
> RedHat's page to see the differences:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/software/linux/

The above link points to:

http://www.redhat.com/software/linux/features/rhl_compare.html

Which shows the differences, sort of.  What surprises me is
how difficult it was to find this page.  Very annoying.

Keep in mind that Red Hat is in business to make money, and
so will do what's best for them.  This will not necessarily
be what's best for you, and is the kind of conflict that led
to the Free Software movement in the first place.

If you are more interested in what's best for you, I
encourage you to get familiar with some user-supported
distributions like Debian and Gentoo.

Cheers,

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/