January 6: Social gathering
2002 Oct 03 19:02

Re: [vox-tech] help with script

handin doesn't decrypt or decode anything.  It lets you "hand in" your
work.  You could just e-mail all your files to your TA, but it's easy to
fake time stamps with e-mails.  `handin` will time stamp all files with
the LAN time, and it also lets the students overwrite old files with new
ones so they can incrementally update their files, and it will
automatically lock out the hand-in process once the deadline is reached.
Among other things, that is.

-Mark ^_^'

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Harry S wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 07:29:13AM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> > The CS department uses `script` and uses `handin` to turn in the files and
> > log when the files were turned in.  Or at least that's what they did when
> > I was there last year+.
>
> Never heard of "script", so I check it out. Pretty cool little program
> for teaching *nix. I'm guessing "handin" decrypts the script file.
>
> While looking up "script" I came across "replay". It allows you to play
> back "script" files (must have same terminal or results aren't
> guaranteed) with key timings.

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/
PGP key available upon request.