January 6: Social gathering
2002 Oct 01 11:25

Re: [vox-tech] What's in RedHat 8.0

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 10:51:34AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 10:48:01AM -0700, Marc Hasbrouck wrote:
> >
> >   * A single interface for package selection during
> > and after installation
>
> It's about time! :^)

Hmm. Redhat 8.X, Debian 1.X. Why does it take a larger number for RedHat
to have a dselect-like package system? I think even some of the earliest
Slackware had a uniform package system like this for installation and
after install.

> Err... sorry ;)

No you're not! I know. You are hunched over in a dark corner rubbing
your hands together, laughing wickedly and then saying, "Now the
dominion is complete! I will rule to universe!" What you don't know, is
there are people chanting "Go Bill! Go Bill! Go Bill!" in hopes you
actually do run the universe. When that happens, we can be guaranteed
only good SciFi programming, a followup to what really happened in Blake
7 after "the lights went out" and the firefight began, a return of B&B
on MTV, and a new command-line arg for X called --enable-bill to use
Bill-defined additions to X for his games. ;-)

-ME