2002 Sep 23 12:22

[vox-tech] Configuration problem

I'm writing an extranet program that I plan to release under the GPL, but have had a problem since installing RH 7.3.  (This was a new install.  I've been restoring files from a backup.)  My project is in the directory /var/www/html/projects/timekeeper.  When I use this code in PHP

   $thisMachine=getenv("HTTP_HOST");
   $location = "Location:  http://$thisMachine/timekeeper/TimeKeeperForm.php?form=Record";
   header("$location");

or this Javascript code in http://ontario.lakeinfoworks.com/timekeeper/index.html

   <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" type="text/javascript">
       location.replace("TimeKeeperForm.php?form=Record");
   </SCRIPT>

My browser (Mozilla 1.0) reports "resolving host timekeeper".  Then I get a Javascript alert "timekeeper could not be found.  Please check the name and try again."  This appears to be the only occasion when that my machine name ontario.lakeinfoworks.com is not being recognized.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Alan