2002 Sep 20 15:11

Re: [vox-tech] global variables in C

Using globals is kind of like leaving your dirty dishes in
the sink.  Everyone agrees it's bad, but they do it anyway.

With a bit of thought, there is almost always a good way to
modularize your code.  C++ makes it easy, and with C I
usually end up defining a bunch of structures that are
passed around.  Perl makes it harder but you can do it.

Cheers,

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/