2002 Sep 05 12:00

Re: [vox-tech] starting X on TV/S-Video output?

Re: [vox-tech] starting X on TV/S-Video output?

Hi Stephen,

Yes, I will be starting the computer with only the TV hooked up.  I
haven't tried starting X up at only 640x480, but I'd like a higher
resolution.  Ultimately, I'd like to play DVDs on my computer and show up
on the TV.  I wonder if the Matrox cards will support a higher resolution.
The ATI PC2TV+ only has a VGA & S-video outputs.  There are no composite
connectors (although a trip to Radio Shack may prove there is an adapter
for a conversion). There's also no Co-ax option.  This card predates the
All-in-Wonder Pro. Getting multiple displays working would not help me in
this case, would it?

TIA, FL