January 6: Social gathering
2002 Sep 03 15:07

Re: [vox-tech] aborted XP install kills linux

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 05:39:03PM -0500, HARRISK@sbcglobal.net wrote:

> Also, my remaining linux partitions are being reported
> as ext2 and not ext3.  I know that they were ext3
> before.

If the rescue disk Kernel doesn't grok ext3, it'll probably just show them
as ext2.  They're 'backwards compatible' in this way (you just, obviously,
loose the journaling capabilities when using a non-ext3 kernel).

> I'm not really sure what to do in order to be able to
> boot.  Any ideas?

Unfortunately, no...  I've never dual booted, myself.  I also wouldn't
ever touch XP.  Yikes. :^(