2002 Aug 28 00:30

[vox-tech] debian question: building from source

[vox-tech] debian question: building from source

hola,

i'm planning on building mozilla from source (i already installed and
configed pentium builder).

one question.

i'm 100% positive that the day i install the optimized version of
mozilla, mozilla will get upgraded and my optimized version will get
wiped.

is there any way to mark a package as "don't update this, just notify me
when new source if available"?

of course, i run apt-get twice (first with "-n" and then again for real
when i'm sure mozilla hasn't been updated).  but that's a drag.

also, i'm not sure marking mozilla as "immutable" is a good idea.  but
i'm not sure.

i have many more ideas, but i'd like to hear what other debian users do
(or would do).

pete