January 6: Social gathering
2002 Aug 27 00:18

Re: [vox-tech] lame-ass mozilla questions

on Fri, Aug 23, 2002, Ryan (ryan@mother.com) wrote:
> On Friday 23 August 2002 02:35 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

<...>

> I refuse to install realplayer because of it's tendancy to take over mime
> types. (if anyone knows how to prevent this evilness, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!)
>
> Also, real hides it on thier site. It's very hard to find.
>
> It's at http://forms.real.com/real/player/unix/unix.html if anyone wants it,
> but I don't think it's worth touching.

It *is* worth touching if you use xmms and grab the libreal.so plugin
for same, which lets you listen to .ra and .ram files/streams, without
the annoyance which is Realplayer.

The package still needs to be installed, but you don't actually run it.

There's a page on this at http://twiki.iwethey.org/, but the site's
offline at the moment.

Peace.

   A guide to GNU/Linux browsers: