2002 Aug 23 18:52

RE: [vox-tech] different kernel versions see HD's as different devices

RE: [vox-tech] different kernel versions see HD's as different devices

I had this problem on my Abit BP6 with Intel BX and HPT366 chipsets
onbroad.

There is a kernel parameter "ide-reverse" (or ide=reverse?), you might
try to pass it to Lilo.  There is also kernel option "Boot offboard
chipsets first".  I think that's the one that worked for me.

I'm gonna start playing with firewire and compiled 2.4.19 a couple of
days ago.  It found the firewire port on my SB Audigy right away.  Now
just need to get a DV camcorder ;).

-Tom.