2002 Aug 23 17:58

[vox-tech] Re: lame-ass mozilla questions

[vox-tech] Re: lame-ass mozilla questions

In regards to Mozilla's mime types, you only need to define a mime
type in helper apps if there is no plugin associated with the mime
type and you want to use an external application to view mime-types
that Mozilla can't view natively.  Go to about plugins under the help
menu.  All mime types that are listed there don't need an entry in
Preferences as they're handled by the appropriate plugin.

And here's something to make you like Mozilla.  Under the the "Scripts
& Windows" section of the Advanced section, uncheck the "Open
unrequested windows" and "Change status bar text".  Now go surf a few
unscrupulous sites and I think you'll notice a difference if you know
what I mean ;-).

To open a new tab, type Ctrl+T.

As for speed, well, I agree, but thems the breaks I 'spose.  I'd keep
using Opera then if it's enough of a problem on your machine.  I've
always used Mozilla ever since the .9 days as it was stable enough to
be tolerable and it's JavaScript support was immaculate.  But the
memory consumption's gross, expecially when running a java applet.

Ah well, Enjoy!

On Friday, Aug 23 2002, Peter Jay Salzman spake thus: