2002 Aug 22 19:42

Re: [vox-tech] debian question - packages from other release

Re: [vox-tech] debian question - packages from other release

> is there a way to automate the process of installing glade-2 on a woody
> machine other than downloading packages by hand off a debian mirror?

Scan through http://linuxmafia.com/debian/tips, and read the section
about "pinning".  Might be what you're looking for.

You can stop when you reach the sentence "Peter Jay Salzman points out
an elegant way to determine when a package on one's system was last
upgraded".  ;->

--
Cheers,                                 For good netiquette,
Rick Moen                         be wise and choose a four-line