2002 Aug 19 13:59

Re: [vox-tech] Help with removal of a stubborn debian package

Re: [vox-tech] Help with removal of a stubborn debian package

Thanks Stephen. I wound up using the geniussytems.net apt source (the once
listed on Debian Planet), and it worked great. I followed Rick Moen's
advice and edited /var/lib/dpkg/status, removing the kdm package entry.
That cleared up the dpkg issue. Once done, I made sure KDE2 was completely
removed from my system, added the aforementioned apt source to my
sources.list file and reinstalled KDE3.  That worked like a champ! It's
nice to have KDE3 finally!:-)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Stephen M. Helms wrote:

> Quoting "R. Douglas Barbieri" <doug@dooglio.net>:
>
> > Hello all in vox-tech land,
> >
> > I tried to install KDE3 using the sources specified on this page:
> > http://mypage.bluewin.ch/kde3-debian/
>
> Hello Doug, et al...
>
> I noticed debian planet lists KDE 3.0.3 now.
>
> http://www.debianplanet.org/

R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net
http://www.dooglio.net

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people
   discipline themselves."

-- Thomas Jefferson

GPG Public key : http://www.dooglio.net/dooglio.gpg