2002 Aug 17 10:37

Re: [vox-tech] Need X Windows performance monitoring help

On Friday 16 August 2002 17:23, Doug Huckaba wrote:

> --snip--
>
> I (on my companies behalf) have looked into these types of tools
> for the same reasons only on a grander scale. We're looking for a
> performance monitoring tool that can run on a remote desktop and
> monitor (with configurable alert thresholds) an "end user
> experience", complete with network latency, database access times,
> gui display, disk i/o, mem swaping, etc.
>
> So far all we've come up with are glorified IP traffic analyzers.
> The sort of thing you could write a script to do. I have found
> nothing that will give you the detail you (and I) are looking for.
>
> Please let me know if you find something along these lines.
> Unfortunatly I'm dealing with Windows clients, so recompiling code
> isn't an option.
>
> -doug

Thanks to you, and the other vox-tech members who took the trouble to
respond to my not so easy question.  I like your group because you
guys really delve into things, and have a lot of knowledge.

My supicion now, is that the problem is mainly the video driver.  We
are using a Geode processor, with no real vga.  I may look at the
source, but I imagine expertise in video drivers can't be gained in a
day or two!  Probably, the answer is obvious: use a vga, get a java
compiler, ...

I would be interested in communicating with anyone who has expertise
with video drivers.