2002 Aug 16 15:18

[vox-tech] Re: i need debian help - libraries and mp3blaster

[vox-tech] Re: i need debian help - libraries and mp3blaster

Two links to bugs with the libvorbis0 package:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=156365&repeatmerged=yes
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=156227&repeatmerged=yes

Doesn't look like mp3blaster's fault.  Apparently libvorbis got split
into three different packages (libvorbis0, libvorbisenc2,
libvorbisfile3), but news of this hasn't propagated correctly to the
other package maintainers who depend on this library, hence, breakage.
Installation of the other two packages doesn't fix the problem
unfortunately.

Major bummer.  Always frustrating when things go bust in testing.  I
was seething over the tripwire package going nutty in testing some
months ago.

On Friday, Aug 16 2002, Peter Jay Salzman spake thus: