January 6: Social gathering
2002 Aug 18 19:51

[vox-tech] html question: comments

for the multi-line comment:

<!--
   snow:     #FFFAFA   255 250 250
   orange:   #FFA500   255 165 0
   green:    #00FF00   0 255 0
   blue:     #0000FF   0 0 255
-->

weblint reprots:

   index.html(14): metacharacter ">" should be represented as "&gt;"

line 14 is the last line of the comment.  the "-->" by itself.  i looked
at the 4.01 standard:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/intro/sgmltut.html#h-3.2.4

and can't find anything wrong with this comment.   what exactly is
weblint complaining about?  it doesn't complain about anything else on
the page.

pete