2002 Aug 18 20:07

Re: [vox-tech] OT: finding location of a break in in-wall telephone wiri

Re: [vox-tech] OT: finding location of a break in in-wall telephone wiring?

What you need is a time domain reflectometer - very handy for finding
breaks. But even if you had access to one of these x$1000 devices it would
still just tell you where the break was and you might not be able to get to
it easily. Your best bet is to pull a new cable using the old stuff as the
fish line.

	...leo

<http://romana.hajhouse.org/pgp>