2002 Aug 14 15:56

Re: [vox-tech] question from a friend: cable modems in Davis?

On Wednesday 14 August 2002 08:36 am, Henry House wrote:
> A friend asked me, Are cable modems available in Davis, and, if so, what
> advantages and disadvantages to they have compared to DSL?  Since I have
> not looked into broadband for some time, I am passing thequestion along to
> the collective brain ;-).

Last I checked (maybe 6 months ago) the local cable company
does not offer them.

Pros and cons would vary widely by provider (either for cable
or DSL).  You want to check their terms & conditions carefully
to see if they suit your intended use.  Omsoft has been good
for me.  Dslreports.com is your friend.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/