2002 Aug 06 12:03

Re: [vox-tech] dhcp question

begin Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us>
> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> So that is "only" four strengths.  The world is your oyster, Hercules!
>
> [1] http://www.tac.eu.org/cgi-bin/man-cgi?dhcpd.conf+5
> [2] http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/DHCP/

and just what do you think i'm doing up at 3:00am?   :-)

actually, you should point people to their hard drives before sending
them off to tldp.  unless it's an issue of something that's bleeding
edge, like a bleeding edge video card.  it's pretty safe to assume that
most people (and *especially* me!) have all the howtos on our local
drives.

or at least point them to a mirror.  that way, the unc servers don't
melt under the load of a million people who want to learn about dhcp.
take a look at:

   http://www.tldp.org/mirrors.html

there are quite a few that are really close to us.  i'll bet you didn't
realize there's a mirror right here in sacramento!

pete