January 6: Social gathering
2002 Aug 01 22:55

Re: [vox-tech] simple X86 question

On Thursday 01 August 2002 10:17 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
[snip]
> as a last idea, you may have something that switched the backspace and
> delete keys, but this is an area i don't know much about.  i need to
> learn keymapping better.

look into xev (print X events) and xmodmap.  the man page for the latter
has some useful examples to get you going (got me going; i'm not pro, though).
the former is probably not widely known of, but is extremely useful.
one of the first things i do when i sit down at a new machine is swap
ctrl and caps lock.  much easier on the fingers. :)

shawn.